Customer Easements

The Right-of-way easement allows Del-Co to install and maintain on your private property a waterline, branch water lines, hydrants, valves, and service
lines from the waterline to the road right-of-way.  It also gives us legal permission to install your water meter on your private property. This is the only document in the packet that needs to be notarized. 

The Waterline easement consists of a temporary construction easement and a perpetual easement.

Temporary Construction Easement

  1. For construction purposes and applies only during the construction phase.
  2. It is limited to twenty-five (25′) feet in width, 12 ½ feet on each side of and parallels with the water line’s proposed centerline.

 Perpetual Easement

As the name implies, it is a permanent easement in, over, under, and upon the above-described land with the
right to erect, construct, install, and lay, and after that use to allow for the operation, inspection, repair, maintenance, replacement, and removal of water
pipelines and appurtenant facilities, together with the right to ingress and egress over adjacent land. 

Del-Co shall pay any damages which may arise to crops, as well as repair any damages to fences, drainage or field tile, driveways, or other structures from the laying, maintaining, operating, repairing, replacing, and final removal of said water lines and shall grade, seed, and mulch any ground area disturbed by us.

The permanent easement granted herein shall be non-exclusive and allow other easements to overlap the easement provided herein for the benefit of the GRANTOR; provided, however, the permanent easement granted herein restricts, per EPA regulations, placing sanitary or storm sewer lines within ten feet (10′) horizontal separation and two feet (2′) vertical separation zones and other buried utilities within a distance of five feet (5′) horizontal separation and two feet (2′) vertical separation from the centerline of waterlines as finally laid and constructed.  Del-Co Water is sometimes required to relocate existing waterlines due to road widenings or other government projects. It may require you to provide new easements to allow the relocation to occur as part of these projects. 

Please look over the easement, make sure names and property information is correct.  Both you and your spouse, if married, need to sign the easement in front of a notary.  Even if your spouse’s name is NOT on your property deed, they still must sign the easement due to dower rights.  Auditors require the use of blue or black ink and for the margins to remain free of any markings or writing.